Don's Computer Apps Ideas

See What I Think!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

First Week

This week has been a little hectic because I had the first topic of discussion which was social presence. I created my second webquest ever and I think it turned out ok. It was an interesting topic because it is something you have always felt needed addressed. I can see some definite attempts by the university to increase social presence. I have only been taking online courses for two years now, but with the text messaging, "argh" group activities, and increased instructor feedback, there seems to be a feeling of being there. You don't seem as isolated.

We also created some interesting introductions with the use of Google Earth. I liked this idea very much, and it will be one I probably steal for my own students at the high school. Our class seems to be a diverse group after looking at the introductions, and it should provide us with an interesting learning environment.


Don Bates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home